- Ac-cent Seniors Mandurah
- Beaches, Parks & Reserves
- Billy Dower Youth Centre
- Boating & Waterways
- Contemporary Art Spaces Mandurah
- Halls, Courts & Sporting Grounds
- Mandurah Recreation Centres
- Alcoa Mandurah Art Gallery
- Mandurah Ocean Marina
- Mandurah Performing Arts Centre
- Mandurah Visitor Centre
- Tracks & Trails
- War Memorial
Why do I need to register my dog?
Not only is it law under the Dog Act 1976 for all dogs over three months to be registered, it is also important for both the general community and their dogs that Council has a record of dogs and their owners.
Registration allows Council to provide for better facilities and conditions for responsible dog owners.
The benefits of registration are:
- Positive identification of your dog
- Reuniting lost or injured dogs with their owners
- Investigation and resolution of dog problems
- Encouraging desexing of dogs through discounted registration fees
The period of registration (or dog year) runs from 1 November to 31 October, regardless of when the dog is actually registered. Current registrations can be transferred between most local councils within Western Australia.
Only two dogs are permitted to be kept at any one residence. You may keep puppies until they reach the age of three months. Should you wish to keep more than two dogs then you must make an application to Ranger Services.
New laws for dog owners
From 1 November 2013, amendments to the State Government’s Dog Act 1976 came into effect.
Microchipping has been introduced for all dogs:
- From 1 November 2013, dogs must be microchipped when they are registered for the first time or when a change of ownership occurs.
- By 30 November 2013 all dangerous dogs, must be microchipped.
- By 1 November 2015, all dogs must be microchipped.
- If your dog is impounded, they must be microchipped before release.
Don’t get caught out as infringement fees have increased.
|One Year||One Year Pension||Three Years||Three Years Pension|
|Sterilised||Sterilised Pension||Unsterilised||Unsterilised Pension|
Note: You will need to provide a certificate of sterilisation from your vet
Pensioners also receive the above discount when producing their pension card.
Registration can be completed at the following locations (Mon - Fri):
City Administration Building, 3 Peel Street, Mandurah. Ph (08) 9550 3777
Falcon eLibrary and Community Centre, Cobblers Road, Falcon. Ph (08) 9550 3230