Can We Help? Community Finder
Page Header Image: Fur

Wildlife Carers / Relocators

Wildlife Relocator
Alison Dixon
Ph 0401 314 701

Mandurah Wildlife Rescue
Reini & Dot Bos
Ph (08) 9586 3166

WA Seabird Rescue
Ph 0418 952 683

Dolphin Rescue
Ph 0418 947 626 /
0407 090 284

Bob Simpson
Ph 0417 981 161

Keith Spencer
Ph 0411 267 967

Ph 0417 944 836 

Ph 0427 108 506

Shane Maddison 
(small fee - donate to charity) 
Ph (08) 9534 2566             
Ph 0448 899 357

Joe Tonga 
Ph 0418 918 367 

Alison Dixon
Ph 0401 314 701 

Wendy Jackson (7 days) 
Ph 0421 082 694  

Dave Inwood (volunteer)
Ph 0437 989 732

Alec Milroy(Volunteer)

Ph 0409 174 004

DEC Wildcare Hotline 
Ph (08) 9474 9055

Brett Margetts (charges)
Ph 0422 287 482

Paul Kenyon (charges)
Snakebusters Rockingham 
Ph 0439 941 004 



Local Government Rangers are city rangers, not park rangers, and therefore are not trained to capture wildlife. However, we do have a list of carers and relocators that are able to assist. Wildlife is managed by The Department Of Environment Conservation who have their own rangers:


Commonly asked questions received on a regular basis are...


What do I do if I see a dead kangaroo?                                                         

Report it to Ranger Services and arrangements will be made for its removal.

What if I find an injured kangaroo?

City of Mandurah Rangers can assess whether the kangaroo is able to be assisted medically or not. It may have a Joey in which case we will need to give it to a wildlife carer.

What do I do if I find a snake in my house or garden?

Ranger Services can provide you with contact details of a wildlife relocator that will happily assist. Please do not try to catch or kill the snake yourself. Many snake bites occur due to people attempting to kill the snake themselves. To assist the relocator, try to observe from a distance.

What do I do if I see a snake on a footpath in the sand dunes along the coast?

Snakes are cold blooded and will often come out of their habitat to sun themselves on the warm footpaths. After a period of time, they will move back into their natural habitat. If you see a snake on the footpath, do not disturb it, try to take an alternate route or turn around and come back the way you came.

Do not call a snake relocator for snakes which are in the wild. It's their habitat, leave them alone and they will return to the shelter of the vegetation when they are ready.

What if I have problems with bees ?

Do not upset or stir them. Leave them alone and call a professional.