The City of Mandurah's Adopt-a-Beach kit and Marine Community Monitoring Manual aims to:
- Promote awareness of the values and threats of marine and coastal environments.
- Take ownership of marine and costal environments through education and participation.
- Provide schools and community groups with hands on coastal projects.
- Unit 1: Values – intrinsic and biological values of the coastline
- Unit 2: Features – geology, climate, currents and littoral drift
- Unit 3: Threats and Actions – what threatens the coastline
- Unit 4: Activities – hands on monitoring and survey activities
- Unit 5: Marine Community Monitoring Manual – An early warning system for detecting change in the marine environment.
The activities are designed in booklet format for Upper Primary, Secondary Schools and Community Groups and are available for use as printable booklets. This education booklet and the support of the City’s Community Landcare Officer can assist teachers to promote Coastcare and Marine Community Monitoring activities along our beaches.