- Ac-cent Mandurah
- Beaches, Parks & Reserves
- Billy Dower Youth Centre
- Boating & Waterways
- Contemporary Art Spaces Mandurah
- Halls & Sporting Grounds
- Mandurah Recreation Centres
- Alcoa Mandurah Art Gallery
- Mandurah Ocean Marina
- Mandurah Performing Arts Centre
- Mandurah Visitor Centre
- Tracks & Trails
- War Memorial
City Of Mandurah Local Laws
Local laws provide local government with the power to manage a broad range of issues within their district. Local laws are made to meet local circumstances and needs, and assist local governments in promoting good governance for the people in their districts. The below Local laws apply only within the district of the City of Mandurah.
Local laws are defined as subsidiary legislation which are capable of disallowance by either House of Parliament under section 42 of the Interpretation Act 1984. Disallowance is the device by which the Parliament maintains control of the power to make subsidiary legislation that it has delegated, by primary legislation (Acts of Parliament), to local governments, State Departments and other agencies of Government. In the case of local governments, this power is granted by the Local Government Act 1995 and other particular Acts such as the Health Act 1911 and the Dog Act 1976.
Other accountability mechanisms impacting on local laws are:
- the local community, which under the Act is required to be consulted on proposed local laws
- the Minister for Local Government, who is charged with administering the Department of Local Government which monitors local law making
- the power of the Minister to request the Governor to make local laws that repeal or amend local laws or prevent certain local laws being made
- the courts, which can pronounce on the validity of local laws
To access Local Laws CLick On The Title
Dogs Amendment Local Law 2011, Gov. Gazette No. 200, 21.10.11.
Dogs Amendment Local Law 2012 Gov. Gazette No. 39 8.3.13
Jetties, Waterways & Marina Amendment Local Law 2011, Gov. Gazette No. 6, 10.1.12.
Government Gazette No. 41, 19.3.09.
Government Gazette No. 23, 18.2.2011.
Waste Management Amendment Local Law 2012, Gov. Gazette No. 130, 20 July 2012.