- Ac-cent Seniors Mandurah
- Beaches, Parks & Reserves
- Billy Dower Youth Centre
- Boating & Waterways
- Contemporary Art Spaces Mandurah
- Halls, Courts & Sporting Grounds
- Mandurah Recreation Centres
- Alcoa Mandurah Art Gallery
- Mandurah Ocean Marina
- Mandurah Performing Arts Centre
- Mandurah Visitor Centre
- Tracks & Trails
- War Memorial
Places & Spaces
All buskers (or people wishing to undertake busking) must obtain a valid Busking Permit.Proof of identification must be provided with the application e.g. driver’s licence, passport, student card etc.
Where can I busk?
- Smart Street Mall
- Eastern Foreshore (excluding Rotunda)
- Western Foreshore
- Mandjar Square
- Mandurah Ocean Marina (in consultation with Marina Office)
Exclusion areas are the Mandurah Boardwalk and any area covered by a lease, hire site or private property.
- A distance of at least 100 metres must be maintained between buskers and any other entertainment provided at a commercial venue
- Buskers may only perform for a maximum of two hours in any one area (not including set-up time)
- Busking is not permitted at any City of Mandurah events/festival unless authorised by Community Festivals and Events Coordinator
- The use of amplification during a performance - can only be battery operated as main voltage amplification is prohibited. Amplification must be at a level that does not adversely affect commercial operations or the general public. Amplification is not permitted in an approved busking area between 10.00pm and 7.00am.
- Council reserves the right to impose a probationary period on any new applications received.
- Carry the permit issued while performing as you may be required to produce evidence that you have approval to busk if approached by an authorised officer of Council.
- Council reserves the right to withdraw a busking approval if a justifiable complaint is received or if deemed necessary. Penalties would include a 12 month ban from busking within the City of Mandurah.
The Busker shall not:
- Create noise level that undesirably impacts on the operation adjacent retail outlets or the enjoyment of the public or surrounding tenants.
- Cause an undue obstruction or nuisance to pedestrian movement or impede in any way entrances to shops or buildings.
Busking by Minors
Any busker under to age of 18 years must have a parent or guardian complete and sign the Parental Consent section of the application form. Any busker under the age of 16 must have parent or guardian supervision at all times (including throughout performances).
A person under the age of 16 years should not perform in any part of a performance:
a) during school hours
b) between 7.00pm and 6.00am
Applications are to be made a minimum of one week prior to the first requested performance. Permits can be applied for a period of one, three, six or twelve months. For further information on busking please contact Economic Development by phoning 9550 3202 or email email@example.com.
Please send your application form to:
City of Mandurah
PO Box 210
MANDURAH WA 6210