- Ac-cent Mandurah
- Beaches, Parks & Reserves
- Billy Dower Youth Centre
- Boating & Waterways
- Contemporary Art Spaces Mandurah
- Halls & Sporting Grounds
- Mandurah Recreation Centres
- Mandurah Art Gallery
- Mandurah Ocean Marina
- Mandurah Performing Arts Centre
- Mandurah Visitor Centre
- Tracks & Trails
- War Memorial
Places & Spaces
Buskers are encouraged to perform in the City of Mandurah upon obtaining a valid permit.
The most popular venue to busk is the Smart Street Mall - the area between Mandurah Terrace and Sholl Street. Busking is also permitted in some areas surrounding Mandjar Bay; these include the Eastern Foreshore, Western Foreshore, Mandjar Square, and in consultation with the Marina Office, the Mandurah Ocean Marina.
Exclusion areas are the Eastern Foreshore Rotunda, Mandurah Boardwalk and any area covered by a lease, hire site or private property.
Conditions are in place to ensure public safety and accessibility throughout the City and to maintain a balance between buskers and the needs of traders.
Please see conditions below:
- Proof of identification must be provided with the application eg. driver’s licence, passport, student card etc
- A distance of at least 100 metres must be maintained between buskers and any other entertainment provided at a commercial venue
- Buskers may only perform for a maximum of two hours in any one area (not including set-up time)
- Busking is not permitted at any City of Mandurah events/festival unless authorised by Community Festivals and Events Coordinator
- Certain busking activities may require a designated crowd exclusion zone to be determined at the discretion of the City of Mandurah
- The use of amplification during a performance - can only be battery operated as main voltage amplification is prohibited. Amplification must be at a level that does not adversely affect commercial operations or the general public. Amplification is not permitted in an approved busking area between 10.00pm and 7.00am.
- Council reserves the right to impose a probationary period on any new applications received.
- Busking by Minors- Any busker under to age of 18 years must have a parent or guardian complete and sign the Parental Consent section of the application form.
Any busker under the age of 16 must have parent or guardian supervision at all times (including throughout performances).
A person under the age of 16 years should not perform in any part of a performance:
a) during school hours
b) between 7.00pm and 6.00am
Applications are to be made a minimum of one week prior to the first requested performance. Permits can be applied for a period of one, three, six or twelve months.
You are required to posess a copy of your busking permit while performing as you may be required to produce evidence that you have approval to busk if approached by an authorised officer of Council.
Council reserves the right to withdraw a busking approval if a justifiable complaint is received or if deemed necessary. Penalties would include a 12 month ban from busking within the City of Mandurah.
For further information on busking please contact Economic Development by phoning 9550 3202 or email email@example.com.
Please send your application form to:
City of Mandurah
PO Box 210
MANDURAH WA 6210