- Ac-cent Seniors Mandurah
- Beaches, Parks & Reserves
- Billy Dower Youth Centre
- Boating & Waterways
- Contemporary Art Spaces Mandurah
- Halls, Courts & Sporting Grounds
- Mandurah Recreation Centres
- Alcoa Mandurah Art Gallery
- Mandurah Ocean Marina
- Mandurah Performing Arts Centre
- Mandurah Visitor Centre
- Tracks & Trails
- War Memorial
Building Services is responsible for the assessment and approval of building works within the City of Mandurah under the Building Act 2011. Building Services is also responsible for the assessment and approval of works under the Caravan Parks and Camping Grounds Act 1995, including Park Homes and Annexes.
Under the Building Act 2011 a building permit is required before commencement of most building work. In many cases the builder obtains the permit.
Formal approval (a building permit) is required for any building work involving the development of new structures, alterations or extensions and changes in ground levels. These include:
• Swimming Pools & Spas
• Sheds/ Garages/ Workshops
• Patios/ Verandahs/ Gazebos/ Pergolas
• Retaining Walls
• Residential Dwellings/ Granny Flats/ Additions & Alterations
• Commercial Buildings including fitouts and refurbishments
• Industrial & Public Buildings
If the total value of the work exceeds $20,000 (excluding swimming pools and retaining walls) a permit can only be issued to a Registered Builder or in some circumstances an Owner Builder.
Greater detail is provided in the relevant information sheets by clicking here.
The City of Mandurah provides a Certificate of Design Compliance service for projects of any Classification that will be constructed within the City of Mandurah.
Building Services also offers the following non-statutory services:
• Confirmation that Planning, Environmental Health and Infrastructure requirements have been met prior to lodgment of a Permit Application
• Detailed project advice from a Building Surveyor
• Certificate of Construction Compliance
• Certificate of Building Compliance
Please contact Building Services direct on 9550 3749 for further details on any of these services
What is CouncilsOnline?
CouncilsOnline is a secure and integrated portal developed for the electronic preparation, lodgement and processing of Building Permit Applications.
The City of Mandurah is a member of the CouncilsOnline portal. CouncilsOnline allows for the electronic lodgment of Applications to any member Council through a central portal. Full details of this system are available at the CouncilsOnline website.
It is managed by WALGA on behalf of Local Governments, with the CouncilsOnline portal hosted in Western Australia and supported by a Helpdesk located at WALGA.