- Ac-cent Seniors Mandurah
- Beaches, Parks & Reserves
- Billy Dower Youth Centre
- Boating & Waterways
- Contemporary Art Spaces Mandurah
- Halls, Courts & Sporting Grounds
- Mandurah Recreation Centres
- Alcoa Mandurah Art Gallery
- Mandurah Ocean Marina
- Mandurah Performing Arts Centre
- Mandurah Visitor Centre
- Tracks & Trails
- War Memorial
How to Stand for Council
If you would like to make a difference in your community and have a say in local decision-making, stand for election as a Local Government Councillor.
The City of Mandurah encourages people from diverse backgrounds to nominate for election. The importance of the role of our Elected Member cannot be underestimated. It involves a strong commitment to achieve effective local government, which improves the quality of life in your community. An effective Council is essential and requires teamwork and dedication from all Elected Members.
There are many benefits from being involved in your local Council; namely the sense of satisfaction you will achieve from serving your community and being involved in making important decisions for the future. This short video outlines the benefits of being an Elected Member.
Click here to view information for candidates that is available on the WAEC website
Nominations to stand for Council will open in early September 2017, 44 days prior to the Local Government Elections. Nomination applications must be lodged with the Returning Officer at a pre-arranged appointment at the City's Administration Building. A Returning Officer will be appointed by the Western Australian Electoral Commission in early August.
Candidates are required to make an appointment with the Returning Officer to lodge:
- a completed nomination in the prescribed form, signed and witnessed.
- a single A4 page profile containing not more than 150 words of biographical information about the proposed.
- candidate and statements of the candidate’s policies or beliefs.
- a nomination deposit of $80 (cash, bank cheque or postal order).
- a recent passport-sized photograph (optional).
Where an agent lodges a nomination on a candidate’s behalf, the candidate must fill in the prescribed form with a written authorisation and sign it.
All nominations are to be submitted to the Returning Officer only.