Mandurah Coastcare Coordinating Advisory Group
The Mandurah Coastcare Coordinating Advisory Group (MCCAG) is a group formed and supported by the City of Mandurah to enable the community, via the Coastcare Coordinators, to advise on general coastal management issues to help protect our magnificent coastline.
The purpose of the Mandurah Coastcare Co-ordinating Advisory Group is to advise on general coastal management issues, including the following:
- Technical aspects of our coast and marine facilities;
- Community aspirations and ideas;
- Community representation; and
- Community planning consultation.
The objectives of the Mandurah Coastcare Coordinating Advisory Group include the following:
- To better coordinate government agency and community group involvement in coastal management in the City of Mandurah.
- To involve the general community at a high level in education and hands-on programs.
- To act as a conduit for the acquisition of funding for local community projects in association with Council.
- To further develop and implement the Mandurah Coastal Strategy.
- To maintain a contact list and database of all people and organisations, who have a recognised responsibility or interest in the management of the City’s coastal area, which can be used to request assistance or input of any listed in the database.
There are six Coastcare Groups covering the 52 kilometres of Mandurah’s coastline
- Bouvard Coastcare – South of the Dawesville Channel to Whitehills
- Falcon Coastcare - Gretel Drive, Falcon to the Dawesville Channel
- Seascapes Coastcare - Halls Head Wastewater Treatment Plant to Gretel Drive, Falcon
- Halls Head Coastcare - Mandurah Ocean Marina to the Halls Head Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Comet Central Coastcare - San Remo to Mandurah Ocean Marina
- Comet North Coastcare - Madora Bay to Singleton
Register your interest
If you would like to join your local Coastcare Group or be involved in Coastcare activities please register your interest here.