8.00am - 5.00pm
Monday to Friday
Sport, recreation and active leisure provide enormous benefits to the community by contributing to the general health and wellbeing of individuals. Being part of a club and participating in physical activity helps build happier, healthier and connected communities.
The City of Mandurah is committed to providing sport and recreation facilities, services and information that encourages people to make healthy lifestyle choices.
The energetic and proactive Recreation Services team is responsible for:
- Provision and management of sport and recreation facilities and active reserves
- Hire of recreation facilities, community halls, and public open space including beach, foreshore reserves and parks
- Coordination of community based physical activity programs
- Assisting sport and recreation groups to promote their club and help their club grow
- Assisting clubs to attract, coordinate and promote regional, national and international sporting and recreation events in Mandurah
- Initiating new recreational and leisure tourism opportunities through the provision of recreation hire sites
The Recreation Services team is also involved in the development and promotion of the many tracks and trails in the area. There are many pathways, bushland walks, canoe trails, horse trails and coastal walks to enjoy.