The development of the City of Mandurah's Strategic Plan 2009-2012 commenced in 2008 with extensive research and consultation undertaken to develop the City's new strategic plan. This process began with two Elected Member workshops in April and August 2008, which involved conducting an environmental scan of our municipality and gaining an understanding of the external pressures impacting on our community. These workshops were the first steps taken towards developing a vision and mission for 'Our Strategic Plan 2009-2012'.
When our Community Perceptions Survey was completed it July 2008, it identified our strengths but also areas where our community believes we can improve on our service delivery. Following on from this, the City conducted a Community Consultation Workshop in April 2009, which enabled the wider community to identify the critical issues facing Mandurah now and in the future and to define key strategies and actions for consideration when developing the current strategic plan. A similar process was used for the staff workshop which also assisted in identifying priority strategies for the next 12 months.
The draft plan was advertised for public consultation in June 2009. Key areas of feedback from the community were incorporated into the development of the final version of the plan, which was finally approved by Council on August 18.
Development summary of Our Strategic Plan 2009-2012:
- Community Perceptions Survey (July 2008)
- Detailed reviews of other strategic planning documents (including Southern City Strategy, Peel 2020, Scenario Plan, Community Charter and Strategic Plan 2005-08 and major precinct plans)
- Two Elected Member Workshops (2008)
- Environmental Scan (2008)
- Community input via ‘Shaping Our Future’ feedback forms (2008)
- Consultation with Junior Council (2009)
- Community Consultation Workshop (April 2009)
- City of Mandurah Consultation Workshop with Executive, Managers and Staff (May 2009)
- Review of Draft Community Charter and Strategic Plan during advertisement for public comment and inclusion of feedback from both the community and staff (June 2009)
- Review of draft final documents by the Executive Management Group and Senior Management Group (2009)
- Development of final Draft Community Charter and Strategic Plan for adoption by Council (August 2009)
Our Strategic Plan 2009-2012 includes:
- Performance Measures
To view Our Strategic Plan 2009-2012, simply click on the document link on the right.