- Ac-cent Seniors Mandurah
- Beaches, Parks & Reserves
- Billy Dower Youth Centre
- Boating & Waterways
- Contemporary Art Spaces Mandurah
- Halls, Courts & Sporting Grounds
- Mandurah Recreation Centres
- Alcoa Mandurah Art Gallery
- Mandurah Ocean Marina
- Mandurah Performing Arts Centre
- Mandurah Visitor Centre
- Tracks & Trails
- War Memorial
Building Services is responsible for the assessment and approval of building works within the City of Mandurah under the Building Act 2011. Building Services is also responsible for the assessment and approval of works under the Caravan Parks and Camping Grounds Act 1995, including Park Homes and Annexes.
Under the Building Act 2011 a building permit is required before commencement of most building work. In many cases the builder obtains the permit.
Formal approval (a building permit) is required for any building work involving the development of new structures, alterations or extensions and changes in ground levels. These include:
• Swimming p and spas
• Sheds/ Garages/ Workshops
• Patios/ Verandahs/ Gazebos/ Pergolas
• Retaining walls
• Residential dwellings/ Granny flats/ Additions and alterations
• Commercial buildings including fit-outs and refurbishments
• Industrial and public buildings
If the total value of the work exceeds $20,000 (excluding swimming pools and retaining walls) a permit can only be issued to a Registered Builder or in some circumstances an Owner Builder.
Greater detail is provided in the relevant information sheets by clicking here.
The City of Mandurah provides a Certificate of Design Compliance service for projects of any classification that will be constructed within the City of Mandurah.
Building Services also offers the following non-statutory services:
• Confirmation that Planning, Environmental Health and Infrastructure requirements have been met prior to lodgement of a Permit Application
• Detailed project advice from a Building Surveyor
• Certificate of Construction Compliance
• Certificate of Building Compliance
Please contact Building Services direct on 9550 3749 for further details on any of these services
Can I submit a building application online?
The City uses an online form to manage the submission of building applications electronically. This service is currently available to building industry professionals such as Builders, Architects and Building Surveyor Contractors. Certified and Uncertified Building Applications (BA1 And BA2’s), will be able to be submitted via this service and it is planned to extend this to enable all other building application types in the near future.
In order to access this service, you will need to register. To register for online lodgement of building applications, you will need to follow the register prompts on the login page.
Click on “Online Building Application Lodgement and Progress” to access this service.
Lodging applications online has many benefits including;
• Registered users can lodge applications at any time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• You do not need to leave your office to lodge an application
• You don’t have to print multiple copies of plans, specifications and other documents
• You will also be helping the City in streamlining its processes, document storage and access which will in turn improve processing timeframes and enable easier access to documents for the future
• You can track the progress of your applications online anytime.
The City of Mandurah will be continuing to improve this service and in the near future is hoping to extend this to enable all applicants to submit these and other applications.