NBN Business – Online Resources
National Broadband Network (NBN) Business Forum
If you are interested in practical tips that can help you establish or enhance your business’ online presence there are a number of resources that can assist you:
- The government’s Digital Business website (digitalbusiness.gov.au) provides practical information to business owners and not for profit organisations who are just starting out with planning to go online, as well as those looking to improve their existing online presence with ecommerce functionality, online marketing or internal
- The Winning Business Online site (winningbusinessonline.com.au), supported by the Australian Government provides short courses and modules to help you get your business online.
- For case studies about businesses that are already online read the small business case studies on the NBN Co Website (nbnco.com.au) or check out the business videos on the nbn.gov.au website.
There are also industry resources that can help you maximise the potential of the online environment:
- The Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW.com.au) has a tourism e-Kit that provides simple tutorials that provide guidance on discrete topics. The kit has been highly popular, downloaded over 150,000 times.
- PayPal recently launched a Driving Business Online campaign (drivingbusinessonline.com.au). This initiative is designed to help small business – especially those in regional areas – get onto the internet, or make their existing online business more successful. Their website includes free information, tips, and expert help to assist you to create your first business website, start selling online, and boost your online sales.
- Google and MYOB have created Getting Aussie Business Online (gettingbusinessonline.com.au) – a nationwide campaign to give every organisation with an Australian Business Number (ABN) a website, free for 12 months. The initiative will also provide ongoing tips and education via email and a free online advertising trail (to the value of $75) with Google Adwords.
- NBN Co will use the Industry Capability Network to assist the participation of small and medium enterprises in the progressive roll out of the NBN. For more information go to http://www.nbnco.com.au/about-us/working-for-us.html or to register your interest for future NBN opportunities, visit nbnco.icn.org.au/