- Ac-cent Seniors Mandurah
- Beaches, Parks & Reserves
- Billy Dower Youth Centre
- Boating & Waterways
- Contemporary Art Spaces Mandurah
- Halls, Courts & Sporting Grounds
- Mandurah Recreation Centres
- Alcoa Mandurah Art Gallery
- Mandurah Ocean Marina
- Mandurah Performing Arts Centre
- Mandurah Visitor Centre
- Tracks & Trails
- War Memorial
8.00am - 5.00pm
Monday - Friday
Sport, recreation and active leisure provide enormous benefits to the community by contributing to the general health and wellbeing of individuals. Being part of a club and participating in physical activity helps build happier, healthier and connected communities.
The City of Mandurah is committed to providing sport and recreation facilities, services and information that encourages people to make healthy lifestyle choices.
The energetic and proactive Recreation Services team is responsible for:
- Provision and management of sport and recreation facilities and active reserves
- Hire of recreation facilities, community halls, and public open space including beach, foreshore reserves and parks
- Assistance to groups using public venues to hold events such as markets, fundraisers, sporting events and community activities via an event application process.
- Assisting sport and recreation groups to promote their club and help their club grow
- Assisting clubs to attract, coordinate and promote regional, national and international sporting and recreation events in Mandurah
- Initiating new recreational and leisure tourism opportunities through the provision of recreation hire sites
The Recreation Services team is also involved in the development and promotion of the many tracks and trails in the area. There are many pathways, bushland walks, canoe trails, horse trails and coastal walks to enjoy.
City of Mandurah Sport Awards 2015
City of Mandurah Sport Awards formally recognise and honour people who have a strong connection with the City of Mandurah that have achieved sporting success at an elite level or made a significant contribution to Mandurah Sport and Recreation Clubs.
Sport and recreation plays a important role within the Mandurah community, the inaugural 2015 City of Mandurah Sport Awards celebrate people who have impacted positively in the realm of sport and recreation at a regional, state or national level.
- Junior Sports Star of the Year
- Senior Sports Star of the Year
- Sports Star of the Year with a Disability
- Volunteer of the Year
- Club or Team of the Year
- All nominees must be Mandurah residents, or have parents residing within the City of Mandurah.
- Nominees may be nominated by any sporting club, association, committee of individual
- Nominees must have achieved a level of outstanding performance in their chosen sport and will be judged on the achievements in the12 months prior to the submission of the application
- Nominations will be accepted until 4.30pm, Wednesday 30 September, 2015.
- Nominations can be submitted online via the links below.
- The judging panel's decision will be final
If you do not have access to the internet to submit an online application, please phone 9550 3601 to request an Application Form via mail. Completed Application Forms can be directed to Recreation Services, City of Mandurah, PO Box 210, Mandurah WA 6210 or dropped in to the administration building, 3 Peel St, Mandurah.
View full Terms and Conditions including age restrictions for the Junior and Senior categories.
Each nomination must include 2 photos of the nominee, one head and shoulders and one of them participating in their chosen sport. Photos are to be in JPEG format.
For more information please phone Recreation Services on 9550 3601 or email firstname.lastname@example.org