The CASM studio residency program aims to support emerging contemporary artists to build a body of work in a comfortable and engaging environment.
CASM has one x 15 square metre studio space near the beautiful Mandurah Estuary. The studio is within the main gallery where artists have full access to all facilities and has a balance of natural and fluorescent lighting with shelving provided. Artists are invited to apply for a three month residency in the studio, Jan-Mar, April-June, July-Sept or Oct-Dec.
Youth Residency Program
CASM has one x 15 square metre studio space available for a three month period for the Youth residency.
The youth residency program is fully funded by the generous support of Headspace Mandurah and includes opportunities for exhibiting work and individual support with a creative mentor.
Applications are currently closed for the residency program.
The gallery provides:
- Good lighting with a combination of full studio-length windows and fluorescent lighting
- Reverse cycled air-conditioning
- Kitchen and toilet facilities
- Studio access for artists from 6am till 10pm daily
Contact the Gallery Development Officer on 95503989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
CASM encourages application of the following eligible candidates:
- Graduate artists
- Emerging artists (artists not yet endorsed by leading galleries)
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists
- Students enrolled in their final year of tertiary art
Please note: Successful applicants' residencies may start at different times of the year depending on the completion dates of the previous resident artist.
How long are the studio residencies?
The CASM Studio Residency Program offers three month artist studio residencies:
If successful for the CASM Studio Program you will be required to:
- Abide by the Studio Hire Agreement between yourself and CASM
- Spend 20 hours per week actively pursuing your creative practice in the CASM studio
- Pay your monthly invoices on time
- Respect the CASM premise at all times
- Provide current information and images for marketing purposes
- Communicate regularly with CASM during your residency
- Be available for one studio open day during your residency – usually during the annual Mandurah Stretch Arts Festival in May
- Request any changes to your residency dates two weeks in advance in writing.
If successful, during the studio program CASM will:
- Abide by the Studio Hire Agreement between CASM and yourself
- Complete all financial administration services on your behalf during your residency
- Positively promote yourself and your residency
- Communicate regularly with you during your residency
- Inform you of any changes to the residency program two weeks in advance in writing.