A home based business or home occupation provides the opportunity for a resident of a dwelling to undertake a small scale business from their property. A Home Occupation may be considered in any residential dwelling.
- Food - such as jams, sauces, other condiments, cakes (no cream). Guideline for preparing food in a residential kitchen
- Bed and breakfast - one meal (breakfast) per day. Guidelines for preparing food in a bed and breakfast establishment
- Family day care - food prepared in a residential kitchen for no more than six children
- Beauty therapy
- Planning Services - Home Occupation Application
- Building Services (if there are any proposed structural changes)
- An Application for Approval of Plans of a Health Related Premises Form
- Attach two copies of the proposed business floor plan
- Provide specifications and detail of all surfaces, fittings and equipment
- Pay the fee for assessment of plans
Please allow ten working days for a Health Officer to assess your application.