The safety, health and wellbeing of our community, customers and staff is our priority and we will continue to take advice from the Australian Government, State Government and WA Department of Health on these matters.
For all the latest updates and facts on COVID-19, please visit the WA Department of Health, the WA State Government, or call the coronavirus health information line on 13 COVID (13 268 43).
29 June, 2021
City of Mandurah COVID-19 Update: Lockdown for Perth and Peel
Peel region will enter a minimum 4-day lockdown from 12.01am, Tuesday, 29 June 2021 until 12.01am Saturday, 3 July 2021. Masks are mandatory during this period, except for primary school students (unless you
have an exemption) and during vigorous outdoor exercise (one hour per
day within a 5km radius from home).
City of Mandurah facilities, including the MARC, Libraries, Seniors Centre,
Museum, CASM, Youth Centre, Waste Management Facility, public toilets,
playgrounds and skateparks are closed from 12.01am 29 June until further
events scheduled from 12.01am, Tuesday, 29 June, 2021 until 12.01am Saturday, 3 July, 2021 are
Anyone who has been to one of the potential exposure locations will need to get tested and quarantine as per
are also restrictions on travel throughout WA, unless
for essential purposes. For more info, please visit
the WA StateGovernment website.
COVID safe protective measures, such as hand hygiene, staying home when unwell
and physical distancing remain essential measures, even when you are wearing a mask.
5 July, 2021
City of Mandurah COVID-19 Update: Ease of restrictions
From midnight tonight (12:01am Tues 6 July), Perth & Peel will move to an ease of restrictions which will remain in place for six days, until 12:01am Mon 12 July. Restrictions will include mandatory check-in, mask wearing indoors and capacity limits for venues. Please review the Facilities Status information for further details.
From 12.01am Tuesday 6 July – 12.01am Monday 12 July
- Mandatory sign in at all locations using the Safe WA app or sign in register
- Mandatory use of masks in all facilities, unless a community member has a medical exemption (must be shown to a staff member. Mask exemption badges can be made available to patrons)
- Public venues, including, community centres, libraries, museums, galleries, recreation centres, can open with a maximum capacity of 150 persons and the two square metre rule in place.
We thank all of our community who have been patient and beared with us over the lockdown period and we cannot wait to see you all again!
For further info, please visit the Department of Health website here www.wa.gov.au/covid19
Stay safe all and remember to download the Safe WA app.
Last updated: 5 July, 2021
We will provide updates as operational details are finalised. Below details are in conjunction with interim restrictions effective from Tuesday 6 July:
- Mandurah Aquatic and Recreation Centre - regular operating hours from Tuesday 2 July. Restrictions include 150 patron limit, mask-wearing, check-in and 2sqm rule. Further details
- City of Mandurah libraries - Mandurah, Falcon and Lakelands Libraries open with normal opening times. Our Lego Club, Storytime and school holiday programmed activities at all libraries will resume from Tuesday 6 July.
- Seniors and Community Centre - From Tuesday 6 July, all programs, activities and events will be going ahead, with a few exceptions: More details
- Contemporary Art Spaces Mandurah - CASM will reopen on Wednesday 7 July with the new The Projection Project / Isolation currently exhibiting within the gallery.
- Mandurah Community Museum - the Museum is currently closed for renovations. Further updates will be announced as they become available.
- Billy Dower Youth Centre - The Centre will reopen on Tuesday 6 July with programs running during the school holidays. More details
- Administration Building - open with check-in, masks, the 2-square metre capacity rule and 150 patron limit in place.
- Mandurah Waste Management Centre - regular residential bin and verge collection schedules. Facility open to public.
- Community halls and indoor hireable spaces - open with check-in, masks, the 2sqm capacity rule and 150 patron limit in place.
- Training and sports grounds - community sport is permitted, spectators to observe 2sqm. Indoor community sport is permitted.
- Playgrounds, skate parks and outdoor fitness equipment - open with the 2sqm rule in place.
Please see individual webpages or City Facebook pages, or call the venue for more information.
Masks are mandatory indoors, on public transport. Mask-wearing mandatory except for primary school students and those who are exempt. Masks are not required outdoors, but people should use common sense and take a mask with them whenever they leave home. Other COVID safe protective measures, such as hand hygiene, staying home when unwell and physical distancing remain essential measures.
You are legally required to sign in at all City facilities using the SafeWA app or sign the contact register.
For further details on the current restrictions please visit wa.gov.au:
What you can and can't do
Your bins will be collected as normal during the transition period. Please put your bins out on your verge by 6am on your normal bin day.
Our programs, activities and events have cancelled during the 4 day lockdown period. Some online events will be available. Please note our What's On Calendar may not reflect 29 June to 03 July lockdown period cancellations.
The City administration building is open with regular operating hours and we are also available via email or by phone
(08) 9550 3777