Subscribe to our monthly newsletter
We aim to provide a series of workshops and training opportunities throughout the year to build and maintain the capacity of Mandurah’s not-for-profit sector and community clubs & groups. The workshops also provide important opportunities to network with like minded people and organisations from the area.
Some of our workshops are also suitable for individual community members to increase their skills and knowledge and build community capacity. If unsure if a workshop is suitable for you please contact a Community Development Officer for further information.
Here are some of the workshops we have run in the past:
- Cultural Awareness Training with George Walley – For not-for-profit services, community clubs & groups
- Disability Awareness Training
- Job Carving - A New Way of Hiring People with Disability
- Access for All – Creating Accessible Documents
- Let’s Get Neighbourly – How to host a neighbourhood gathering and connect with your neighbours
- Governance 101 - Oh my goodness I'm on the board, governance, board, committee responsibilities
- Fundraising Beyond Government Grants
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
- Verbal Judo – De-escalation techniques to assist dealing with aggressive situations
- Mental Health First Aid – Helping people in crisis
Would you like to register your interest in future workshops?
Do you have a workshop suggestion for us?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name, organisation details, email, phone number and the workshop you are interested in or your workshop idea. You can also call 9550 3850 and ask to speak to a Community Development Officer.
To keep updated on future workshops we recommend you keep an eye on this page, connect to the City of Mandurah Community Hub Facebook Group and sign up for the monthly Sector Community Newsletter.
Please note workshop scheduling is subject to budget, staff and facilitator availability. As such we cannot guarantee the selection of workshops to be run in the future.