The Electoral Roll is formed by Residents Roll, which is maintained by the Western Australian Electoral Commission and the Owners and Occupiers Roll which is maintained by the City of Mandurah.
A local government electoral roll is NOT formed from the rates roll.
If you are a ratepayer and/or resident of the City of Mandurah, please ensure you are enrolled on the State Electoral Roll at a property with the Mandurah district or apply to the City of Mandurah as an owner and/or occupier of a rateable property within the Mandurah district.
Electors are encouraged to check their enrolment on the State or Commonwealth electoral roll prior to the enrolment closure date.
You can check your enrolment at www.elections.wa.gov.au/OnlineEnrolmentSystem.
You must be an Australian citizen to enrol to vote at Local Government Elections. This is the same requirement for eligibility to vote at State and Commonwealth Government Elections.
Who is eligible to vote in local government elections?
- Those who are correctly enrolled on a State or Commonwealth electoral roll
- A resident of rateable property or land within the City of Mandurah
- A non-resident owner or occupier of rateable property or land within the City of Mandurah
- Nominees for bodies corporate (companies) which own or occupy rateable property within the electorate. The body corporate may nominate up to 2 persons to vote on its behalf
Are you a resident?
You are a resident if:
- You own or rent a rateable property
- You live at the above rateable property
Residents must enrol as an elector on the State Electoral Roll for the above property through the Western Australian Electoral Commission.
You can check you enrolment at: www.elections.wa.gov.au/OnlineEnrolmentSystem.
If you own vacant land, own multiple properties within Mandurah and/or lease a rateable property with a valid agreement you may be eligible to vote as an Owner and Occupier. Enrolment Eligibility Claims should be sent, using the prescribed form, to Chief Executive Officer for consideration. Conditions apply. More information is available below.
Are you a non-resident owner?
You are a non-resident owner if:
- You own rateable property in Mandurah and are enrolled on the State or Commonwealth Electoral Roll at a property outside of the Mandurah Ward/District of which that property is found; or
- You own more than one property within the City of Mandurah and your properties are located in different wards, then you are able to vote once in each of the wards that your properties are located in.
If you believe you are eligible to be a non-resident owner please complete an Enrolment Eligibility Claim form and send to the City of Mandurah to be considered for approval on the “Owner and Occupier Roll”.
Are you a non-resident occupier?
You are a non-resident occupier if:
- You live outside of the Ward of a rateable property;
- Have had continuous occupation of that property (for at least 3 months - can prove through lease, tenancy agreement etc…) within Mandurah; and
- Appear on the State or Commonwealth Roll for an address outside of the Ward.
If you believe you are eligible to be a non-resident occupier please complete an Enrolment Eligibility Claim form and send in to the City of Mandurah to be considered for approval on the “Owner and Occupier Roll”.
Are we joint owner/occupiers (more than two owners/occupiers)?
If you own or occupy residential or business property jointly and there are more than two owners/occupiers, then only two people can enrol and such persons must be nominated by all (or a majority) of the owners/occupiers.
To nominate person/s to vote please complete an Enrolment Eligibility Claim form and provide a copy of a lease, tenancy or other legal instrument showing continuous occupation of the property for the next three months.
Can corporations nominate to vote?
If a corporation owns or occupies rateable property within the City of Mandurah, then they may nominate two persons to represent the body corporate. If the corporation owns properties in more than one ward, then the same representatives must be nominated for all properties.
To nominate representatives to enrol, please complete the Application to Register a Nominee for a Body Corporate form. Each nominee must then complete an Enrolment Eligibility Claim form. The forms can be submitted together to the City of Mandurah for consideration and approval prior to the “Owner and Occupier Roll” deadline.