The lights on the Mandurah Bridge have proved a hit since they were first turned on. They add a fun dimension to Mandurah with the bridge being lit every night in different colours – in fact, there are over 6.7 million possible colours.
And now your charitable or not for profit organisation can get in on the action by booking the lights for a day to help promote your organisation's special event or appeal.
So far the bridge has been lit up orange for Emergency Service volunteers, blue for World Inflammatory Bowel Disease Day, and pink and teal for Sarcoma Awareness. To book the lights:
- Read the 'Booking Guidelines'
- Complete the application form
- Submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org
There are a few rules to be mindful of when requesting a colour - here they are:
- Bookings will be accepted from charitable and not for profit organisations promoting a significant event or appeal as long as the organisation is recognised within the state of Western Australia, is of significance to Mandurah or is recognised nationally or internationally.
- Bookings will not be accepted from individuals for their own purposes.Bookings will not be accepted that relate to commercial advertising purposes.The lights will be booked on a first come first served basis.
- The lights can only be booked for one night.
- Bookings may be made one year in advance.
- The City will light the Mandurah Bridge each evening with a different colour from 10 minutes before sunset to sunrise.
- The City will on Friday and Saturday evenings play a programmed light show at 7pm in the winter and 8pm in the summer.
- Applications will be accepted for the bridge to be lit in one or more colours of significance to the event or the appeal.The City reserves the right to recoup costs incurred for any application requesting more than one colour or that requires program changes that incur a cost to the City.
- Applications will not be accepted for the following days or periods:
- Australia Day
- ANZAC Day
- Christmas from 1 December to the 7 January
- New Year
- Crab Fest
- Mandurah Arts Festival
- Wearable Art Mandurah
- Remembrance Day
- Children’s Festival
- Or other dates prescribed by the City