About the Event
Join the Bindjareb NAIDOC Community on Monday 13 November for the opening Ceremony of NAIDOC Week in Mandurah.
The event kicks off at 4pm on the Western Foreshore for a community walk. The celebrations will continue inside Mandurah Performing Arts Centre at 5pm with some food. Special guest and comedian Sean Choolburra will finish off the evening with some laughs from 6.30pm.
The festivities don’t stop there. There is much more happening throughout the week (13 – 19 November):
- Monday 13 November: Event kicks off at 4pm on the Western Foreshore. Celebrations continue inside Mandurah Performing Arts Centre from 5pm to 7pm with some food and special guest and comedian Sean Choolburra
- Tuesday 14 November: Health & Wellbeing Expo from 10am-12pm | Nidjalla Waangan Mia
- Wednesday 15 November: Local school visits with Sean Choolburra from 9am-12pm | Multiple/various locations
- Thursday 16: Comedy with Sean Choolburra from 4pm-5pm | Billy Dower Youth Centre
- Saturday 18 November: Dance Off with special guest Gary Cameron Wilkes from 5 pm-8pm | Mandjar Square
- Sunday 19 November: Gnaala Karla Booja Netball Carnival 9am-4pm | Mandurah Aquatic & Recreation Centre
Everyone is welcome!
The City of Mandurah acknowledges the efforts and work of the Bindjareb NAIDOC Committee in preparing and planning a week of events for Mandurah’s NAIDOC Week.
Join the pre-NAIDOC week arts & crafts activities the week before, with Wanslea at the Lakelands Shopping Centre on Wednesday 8 November from 10am and Anglicare at the Mandurah Forum on Friday 10 November from 2.30pm to 4pm.