About the Event
Waterwise Verge Makeover Incentive Program
This water-saving, environmentally-friendly program is run by the City for local residents wishing to nurture a waterwise garden on their verge. The plants chosen for waterwise gardens require less water and maintenance, help cool the local area, and are great for supporting other plants and wildlife around the City.
For your chance to receive free plants, vouchers, seeds, mulch etc. towards your verge transformation, register to attend a workshop and learn how to successfully transform your verge into a waterwise garden.
2023 Workshop dates:
- Saturday, 22nd April 2023, 10am-12pm - Southern Estuary Hall, Dawesville.
- Saturday, 20th May 2023, 10am-12pm - Bortolo Pavilion, Greenfields.
- Saturday, 17th June 2023, 10am-12pm - Madora Bay Hall, Madora Bay.
You are encouraged to start preparing your lawns and verges as soon as possible, so your new verges can be installed quickly after the workshop (and you can take advantage of the Winter rains).
To be eligible you must agree to the following:
- Provide ‘Before’ and ‘After’ photos of your verge.
- Inform us of your installation date.
- Prepare your verge for the new installation. This includes removing/spraying existing grass, installing any irrigation if needed, spreading mulch once provided, planting seedlings and follow up maintenance. Please note: Irrigation and weed control supplies/materials are not provided by the City.
- Ensure your verge is compliant with the City’s Verge Development Guidelines
- Register your interest in a 2023 Waterwise Verge workshop
Want more? Recommend the program to a friend, and when you both participate, you both get more seedlings!
For more information:
Visit our website Water page for more informationTo participate in the 2023 Waterwise Verge Makeover program booking is essential. See you there!