Owners of livestock wandering onto public land, roadways or other private property may be liable for any damages or injuries caused. If Rangers impound your livestock you will be liable for poundage fees and any infringements issued.


Wildlife is managed by the Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions (DBCA) who have their own rangers. For more information please visit the DBCA website.

Local Government Rangers are not trained to capture wildlife but have a list of carers and re-locators that are able to assist. 

What do I do if I see a dead kangaroo?      

Report it to the City’s Customer Services department on (08) 9550 3777 and arrangements will be made for its removal.

What if I find an injured kangaroo?

Rangers can assess whether the kangaroo is able to be assisted medically or not. It may have a Joey in which case we will need to give it to a wildlife carer.

Who do I contact for assistance?

Ranger Services - 9550 3777
Mandurah Wildlife Rehabilitation - 08 9582 3938

What do I do if I find a snake in my house or garden?

Please do not try to capture or kill the snake yourself -  this is when many snake bites occur.  It is also an offence to kill a snake. Rangers (9550 3777) can provide you with contact details of a wildlife re-locator who will happily assist.

Who will capture and relocate the snake?

  • Allison Dixon - 0401 314 701
  • Dave Inwood (volunteer) - 0437 989 732
  • Paul Kenyon Snakebusters Rockingham (fees apply) - 0439 941 004
  • Paul Sewell - Wannanup, Falcon, Dawesville areas only (fees apply) - 0400 389 423
  • Alec Milroy - Mandurah (volunteer) - 0409 174 004
  • Kyrah-Dean Amos-Harris (donation requested) - 0452 562 407
  • Wildcare Helpline - 9474 9055
  • Krzysztof Klimkiewicz - 0435 897 949


What if I have problems with bees?

Do not disturb or agitate the hive or swarm. Leave them alone and call a professional Bee Keeper for hive removal. Swarms are usually there in passing and will move on.

Who do I contact for assistance?

The WA Apiarist Society has a good resource for bee removalists. Check out their website for more info.

What do I do if I find an injured dolphin?

There are specialised wildlife carers that can assist with dolphins that are in distress or injured. Please do not approach the dolphin as this may distress it further causing additional injuries.

Who do I contact for assistance?

  • Mandurah Dolphin Rescue - 0418 947 626 or 0407 090 284
  • Wildcare Helpline - (08) 9474 9055


What do I do if I find an injured Seabird?

Avoid handling the injured bird and call a specialised seabird rescue.

Who do I contact for assistance?

Have you come across sick or injured wildlife?

The DBCA manages the Wildcare Helpline, who will be able to put you in touch with your nearest registered wildlife rehabilitator. DBCA have their own rangers who are trained and equipped to deal specifically with wildlife.

There is a seal on the beach, what do I do?

If you think a seal or sealion needs your help, visit the Seal Wise page to confirm if the animal needs assistance before calling the Wildcare Helpline.

Who do I contact for assistance?

  • Wildcare Helpline 9474 9055 (office hours 8am-5pm)
  • WA Wildlife 9417 7105 
  • Mandurah Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre 9582 3938

Environment email updates

Want to know more? Get info on environmental projects and opportunities straight to your inbox Sign up now